Friday, November 30, 2007

#23 Final posting

Thanks for providing this program, it's been very worthwhile and I've learnt a lot from it (even though I was a reluctant and tardy starter!). With "gentle coercion" from library management I"ve managed to complete this discovery program and enjoy (at least some of it) in the end. There are things that I will definitely keep using such as RSS and exploring such as blogs & podcasts.

What I do wonder about though is the amount of time required to fully participate in this online world and the amount of time that some people do actually spend online. Don't these people have jobs (paid & unpaid)? kids to look after? shopping to do? clothes to wash? food to cook? dogs to walk? friends & family to visit? homework to do? houses to clean? books to read? places to visit? fresh air to breathe? .........

I am inspired to create a new blog called "dodgytradesmenihaveknown". It's bound to have a huge number of comments posted although I'd better do Technorati search first as there are likely to be thousands of these already!...........signing off for now.......................

1 comment:

Polyxena said...

Well done. Lisa! Just think of all that community development that can be done virtually ;>)